Saturday, October 30, 2010

HALLOWEEN!!!

So how often is it that you get home on a Saturday afternoon and nobody has anything that HAS to be done. Granted the boys were supposed to mow and edge, Stephanie had homework to do, so "HAS to be" is used very loosely. I think the only reason the boys initially got into carving pumpkins was to get out of yard work, but it ended up working for everyone.
Stephanie and I had gone up to our neighbors and gotten a little carried away buying pumpkins. We bought about 15 pumpkins. Why?? Who knows, but someone had the idea to carve some of those pumpkins from the porch. We started and just kept on going. It was a fun afternoon and the best pumpkins I think we have ever had.


Jacob definetely won! All night long the trick or treaters commented on the pumpkins and would always ask "who did the 76ers one?" It was pretty impressive and no he did not have a pattern. Here are his creations!


Air Jordan and 76ers!




Justin's Creation!



I don't know who gets credit for the Jazz pumpkin. It was Justins design, but he was too tired to finish so I cleaned and carved it for him.

"T" for Timpview.

Stephanie's Pumpkin!

Here is the 1st half.

This is mine and Stephanie's favorite! It was great. Jacob sat next to us, but thought the whole time we were writing "Trick or Treat". We surprised him, I think.
Showing off not only our pumpkins we were proud of but also the fact that the girls really got into the spirit and dressed up. I wasn't sure if I should be offended because Stephanie dressed up as me in my Drill Team outfit from the old days and thought it was so funny.


This is one of those days that is the best. The whole family just sitting around talking, playing and just having fun. It was AWESOME! I never knew carving pumpkins could be so much fun.

1 comment:

Lindsay said...

Love your blog! Looks like your halloween was fantastic and adorable pumpkins! :)