Saturday, September 25, 2010

Bob Firman Invitation in Boise

So I had never remembered being to Boise, ID. It is beautiful! I could live there. They have this 26 mile green belt which is gorgeous to walk, run or ride a bike on.




They ran at the Eagle Island State Park in Eagle, Idaho. It was a fun course where the girls ran on eight different surfaces in one race. They ran on grass, sand, gravel, weeds, asphalt, dirt, concrete and something else I can't remember, but at any rate pretty cool. This picture below is where they switch from beach to grass.





BYU took 1st with 9 of the top 10 spots. The team did great!!

Having FUN!!

The best part is I was able to go with her. On Friday night the team went to run the race course just to get familiar with it and Stephanie was not with the group. She had been nursing a hip injury and was walking the course. The bus ended up leaving her with no sweats, money, phone or anything except spandex. Luckily I was there and able to come rescue her. It isn't very often I am needed by my self sufficient young adult so it was nice to feel like I could help out.

No comments: